Plymouth Admirals American Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Plymouth Admirals American Football Club

Devon's ONLY senior American Football Team

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

concerns about sundays arrangements

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
newland46

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-28

concerns about sundays arrangements Empty
PostSubject: concerns about sundays arrangements   concerns about sundays arrangements Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:44 pm

i guess this is mainly adressed at paula and coach, but i'm a little concerned about the team having to make their own way up to the game at gloucester. my first concern is that we've all seen how personal travel issues have resulted in poor turnouts for training, and this occurs when only needing to get to plymouth. i can just see this happenin again on sunday if we have no group travel arranged, and with our first two results we need all the numbers and bodies we can get to rally round and turn our season round.

the second issue with driving up in cars is the possible likelihood of being a bit smashed up come the end of the game and having to turn around and drive back 2.5 hours or whatever back home. just dont fancy the prospect. im keen to see how many of the boys feel about this, cuz id much like to see a coach put on again. would also give us chance to go thru anything as a group that needs to be addressed pre-kcik off (i.e. audibles on offense) and fire up a bit of team spirit on the way there.

...point over, u can rest ur eyes, but id just like to sign off with a personal apology. had a bit of a shocker yesterday which is very frustrating personally, and would like to apologise for that (deepest apologies go out to the D who thru lack of offensive production spent their whole sunday afternoon out on the pitch) will get my head down now and if im on the pitch will help to get them chains moving next sunday

Sam
Back to top Go down
chadwokie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: concerns about sundays arrangements   concerns about sundays arrangements Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:23 pm

on this note im more than happy to chip in on fuel costs.....but tbh would rather chip in for coach or mini van rental if some guys want to get to gether over it.

plus i probley ow kieran and sam some petrol money by now Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Paula
Admin
Admin Paula

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: concerns about sundays arrangements   concerns about sundays arrangements Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:41 am

Ok....

Can I just point out that if you have concerns like this and want to ask questions of the committee can you please email the club account rather than putting it on a public forum. I am happy to explain however. It was discussed and agreed in principle at the AGM on that the game against the Sharks and the one against Gloucester would not have a coach and would be driven to. The reason for this is to keep costs down.

We have already reduced subs this year by fifty pound which will help you guys with the cost of travelling to certain games, each coach can cost from 500 quid upwards, eg the one on sunday is costing the club around 550! If we had coaches for every game then subs would need to be at least 200 or possibly more and we all know what that does to the club, yes it injects more money in but reduces members and then we dont have a team at all to play games. It would also be too late to organise a coach and if we did then would every single person be willing to pay 30 pound each??

Driving to certain games has always worked in the past, common sense says you should always ensure that there is at least one person in the car with you that can drive home should you get injured, it just makes sense.

From past experience, generally people dont mind driving to games.... you share the cost between you (that is up to you guys to decide and if a group of you want to hire a minibus then again its up to you) you can also make your own journey up there and back and any pregame discussion can take place when we get to the venue providing everyone turns up on time!

We rarely have a problem with people turning up to games, its a well known fact that that there are people who automatically learn the schedule but seem to forget about training... happens every year.

I can appreciate your concerns though Sam and thanks for making them known and I hope that I have given you some insight as to why its done this way.

If anyone has already made arrangements, post on here as I will be phoning around Wednesday (ive got a sick bug at the moment) so it may save me some phonecalls again

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.plymouthadmirals.co.uk
Cena

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: concerns about sundays arrangements   concerns about sundays arrangements Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Anyone thought about getting a train up? I've not looked into it yet, just an idea!

Any info on where exactly the ground is would be good.

Joe
Back to top Go down
Admin Paula
Admin
Admin Paula

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: concerns about sundays arrangements   concerns about sundays arrangements Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Taken from their website

HOW TO FIND US
STREET ADDRESS
OXSTALLS TENNIS CENTRE
PLOCK COURT, OFF TEWKESBURY ROAD
GLOUCESTER GL2 9DW
TEL 0845 643 4204
From M5 Junction 11
1. Take slip road signpost Gloucester (A40). At roundabout
take the exit towards Ross and the Forest of Dean (A40).
2. At the end of the dual carriageway, past the Audi garage
on your left, TURN LEFT towards Gloucester City Centre.
3. Travel about 200yards, past the Longford Inn Beefeater
pub on your right, and TURN LEFT (opposite Winfield
hospital) into PLOCK COURT. Travel 20 yards and you will
see a signpost for Oxstalls Indoor Tennis Centre. Travel along
access road and you will see the Indoor Centre in front of
you.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.plymouthadmirals.co.uk
newland46

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: concerns about sundays arrangements   concerns about sundays arrangements Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:29 pm

fair does, come to think about it that does ring a bell (being mentioned at the AGM). Few shots to the head has destroyed my memory lol

cheers for the response paula,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: concerns about sundays arrangements   concerns about sundays arrangements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

concerns about sundays arrangements
Page 1 of 1