Plymouth Admirals American Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Plymouth Admirals American Football Club

Devon's ONLY senior American Football Team

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021

Go down 
+3
Gareth
DarrenHelley#??
Phil Stats
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil Stats

Phil Stats

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Lions in better position than that, got an extra 1st and 2nd round pick from a deal last year, so a good chance to build with rookies.

Reckon they'll go with Free Agent QB, and perhaps trade 1st pick for more than one pick. They'll take QB in 1st round, but possibly not 1st pick. They need a lot really, so may be some hard trading for them on Draft Days.

As for coaching they going for three main contenders. All Def Co-ords. Titans, Ravens and one other I think. All V good choices.
Back to top Go down
DarrenHelley#??

DarrenHelley#??

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:42 pm

I still think theyll keep number 1, just like miami did prior to this season, and look what happened they did great, despite their number 1 pick being almost unnoticed cos of chad, ginn n the wildcat. They need alot of work, i wont be suprised to see some titans players going to detroit, especially defensive players because of the jim schwartz hiring as head coach. But they need a good qb, regardless of draft or fa, cos they got daunte who cant do anything anymore, dan orlovsky, who doesnt kno where the back of the endzone is lol and drew stanton who they never ever ever ever use! they need someone exciting, and trading down for more picks is a good idea, cos if a certain tim tebow declares for the draft, then he wont go 1, but he'll go in round 1, and i think if detroit trade down theyll get him, as he is very exciting in both running and passing. Also as u pointed out they do have more picks due to the trades last year, so theyll get some decent talent there, like another running back, maybe a linebacker if they can get another 1st round pick, like aaron woody from wake forest (mayock's #1 senior player) or a defensive back as all of them arent very good lol maybe they wont have the best record next year but theyll do alright, if they get a big name in fa
Back to top Go down
Gareth

Gareth

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:42 pm

It doe'snt matter how many top picks the Lions have. Detroit have sucked for years and I am sure they are jinxed to be the worst team ever.
Back to top Go down
Mothfox

Mothfox

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Gareth wrote:
It doe'snt matter how many top picks the Lions have. Detroit have sucked for years and I am sure they are jinxed to be the worst team ever.
I though New orleans Saints are the worst team in NFL history as they never won a superbowl?
Back to top Go down
Gareth

Gareth

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Neither have the Lions although I think they did win the old NFL championship in the days of the leather helmet.
Back to top Go down
Mothfox

Mothfox

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:04 am

Gareth wrote:
Neither have the Lions although I think they did win the old NFL championship in the days of the leather helmet.
Dam that means the saints is the worst team cause they never won an old championship so i guess the lions are just not that bad yet.....but then again they are the only team with a losing season which in my eye is worst!!!
Back to top Go down
DarrenHelley#??

DarrenHelley#??

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:14 am

actually thers a few times that have never won any championship, us falcons were made a year before the saints and we aint won an nfl championship or super bowl Razz but then again, detroit won their last championship a long, long , long, long, long, long, long time ago. Plus some modern teams havnt won one either, like the jags, texans, seahawks, bengals, panthers, vikings, bills (altho the last 2 teams appeared in 4 superbowls- in a row- and and lost all 4, in a row Razz). But yes, i have that feeling that detroit is jst about damned for life Razz relocation?
Back to top Go down
Mothfox

Mothfox

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 pm

dazman21 wrote:
actually thers a few times that have never won any championship, us falcons were made a year before the saints and we aint won an nfl championship or super bowl Razz but then again, detroit won their last championship a long, long , long, long, long, long, long time ago. Plus some modern teams havnt won one either, like the jags, texans, seahawks, bengals, panthers, vikings, bills (altho the last 2 teams appeared in 4 superbowls- in a row- and and lost all 4, in a row Razz). But yes, i have that feeling that detroit is jst about damned for life Razz relocation?
lol maybe a relocation to alaska at least the lions would have an excuse then! "Were losing cause sarah palin keeps shooting the good players!!!!"
Back to top Go down
DarrenHelley#??

DarrenHelley#??

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:44 am

haha good one Razz they definitely need to move outta detroit, their just losers, lions aren't blue lol especially light blue lol and thier fans are just pathetic lol maybe moving them to somewhere where a team aint near, like portland, or somewhere up northwest, cos the only team in that area are the seahawks and their right up in the top left hand corner far away from everyone!!
Back to top Go down
Parlour90

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Only five active NFL teams have yet to appear in the Super Bowl, these being the following;

Browns
Lions
Texans
Jags
Saints

I believe the Chiefs and Jets have not appeared in the Super Bowl since the merger in 1970.

The Cowboys, 49ers, and Steelers have won 5 Super Bowls making them the three most successful teams in terms of super-bowl titles.

By the way detroit actually weren't bad in the 90's. In 91 they went 12–4 for the season. they went on to appear in the playoffs 5 times in that decade - 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1999.

Somehow i cant see another barry sanders in this years draft but with a couple of quality additions in the draft primarily and a good game management type QB they could bounce back like the Fins did. As far as i can see it any team has a chance as long as it isn't owned by Al Davis.

Ross
Back to top Go down
Phil Stats

Phil Stats

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Parlour90 wrote:

Somehow i cant see another barry sanders in this years draft but with a couple of quality additions in the draft primarily and a good game management type QB they could bounce back like the Fins did. As far as i can see it any team has a chance as long as it isn't owned by Al Davis.

Ross

I agree with Ross, and many others. Whilst the club is owned by Al, it will always suffer. It will also never move out of Detroit as long as he is there. His son seems to have a handle on the management side of things at least!

Good things are coming out there, and with a few good Free Agent signings, I reckon it will improve. Haynesworth to go, along with a QB or DE, and that will help. Some decent QB's on FA... Warner, Collins, Garcia. Pepper at DE would be a great pick up. We'll just have to wait and see what the new HC decides on. Assuming Al gives him four years to improve, I reckon they'll make a winning season in that time.

Just as long as the Titans win a bowl before I die!!!!
Back to top Go down
DarrenHelley#??

DarrenHelley#??

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:06 pm

ok...me confused now, maybe because al davis, and detroit, have NOTHING in common!!! and like i said, swartz is the guy in detroit, expect defensive players come in from FA, especially ones from the titans, possibly linebackers like stephen tulloch, and maybe safety vincent fuller, players that might have a crack at being a starter.

For the Raiders, true Razz Al Davis is a bit nuts, but they have got to stop him taking control, like in Miami, who's been the mastermind their, not the owner, but the director for football- Parcells. In atlanta, the GM Thomas Dimitroff. And so on, those positions on the front office need to step up. One things for sure, they NEED a wide receiver more than anything. Jamarcus is beginning to show why he's the #1 pick, have you ever imagined how dominant he would be if he had a great receiver in his sights? i think he would be pretty scary, cos remember, he hasnt thrown many picks this year, and aint been sacked much, jst that the line cant block for mcfadden Razz

Back to detroit, i still believe they will pick a qb at 1, its the most talked about position, the only one that comes close is linebacker, which kinda levels qb for talent. Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Matt Sanchez, Colt McCoy, Paul White, maybe even Tim Tebow, cos if he doesnt, he'll be a top 5 pick next year. There's qb's to look out for this year, Detroit will be smiling very big, no matter what round they pick their QB. Also, don't forget that they have a second draft pick in round 1 this year, i forgot who they traded with, but it might be high, as they did trade shaun rogers to cleveland remember....2 high pick in round 1, thats something to look forward to. 1 QB, 1 LB, and the first pick in the second round, another RB maybe, sorted Razz
Back to top Go down
Parlour90

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Yeah i was just stating any team with an owner who thinks he knows best is in trouble ie the raiders.

Detroit should be fine but heisman winner sam bradford aint leaving the sooners, and to be honest i think mark sanchez is an idiot to leave in his junior year, he wont be a first day pick in my opinion.

If schwarz n the GM work together to get in the right players for their vision not just players with talent then i think detroit will do ok after all they still have an amazing talent at WR in Calvin Johnson.

If they go QB which seems likely although i think it is a huge risk especially with the money they get when they are not proven at the pro level, Detroit will take matt stafford out of Georgia as he is the best pro type QB in the mix. with another high pick, i personally love rey maulaluga hes a beast so similar ideas to u daz on that QB, LB.

Still peyton manning and tom brady wouldnt be the players they are today without a decent O line so needs to be looked at!
Back to top Go down
DarrenHelley#??

DarrenHelley#??

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm

those are very strong points...but, for qb, that senior bowl had made me thinking, and only cos of one guy...Pat White. He's great. Detroit might, and only if a player in this position has an unbelievable pro day n combine, a linebacker at number 1, maybe maluega, or aaron woody, cos no linebacker beats him, the best senior in college football. If White had a good combine, i think he'll go in round 1, by detroit, in the later half in the 1st round. Why do they pick White, because Ross uve pointed out that Detroit's O-line sucks, BAD.

Now, when Mike Vick took over a qb for atlanta, his line were being bullied by the press, alot, same for other scrambler qb's in the past, thats why they run Razz and if Pat White runs....good for them, cos they need an exciting running back to compliment Kevin Smith. But, to also help out White, theyll pick a lineman in that first day too, whether by their original second round pick, or theyll trade up into the 2nd round somehow, as Detroit mainly need help everywhere lol

What does this situation mean for Calvin Johnson? kinda alot of good, and bad, depending how things wud go. Because, White would have an amazing receiver to throw to, and Calvin can catch in multiple coverage, and with a good qb in the pocket, Calvin will be one of the best in the league, and possibly in the modern era

The bad news, Pat White is a scrambling qb. In atlanta, when vick was the guy, did any good receiver become good by vick...no! Roddy White was about to be labelled bust, until mike vick went down with the allegations, same for michael jenkins, both have now become clutch players on atlanta's offense. and there was once a receiver where vick actually made him worse! all pro Peerlice Price came in to be THE receiver for vick, never became any factor in that offense. same for mcnabb in philly, only one receiver was good under mcnabb and that was t.o, and he just whined and whined at typical t.o standards Razz

If history repeats itself for scrambling qb's in low skilled teams, detroit NEED a tight end, because alge crumpler and lj smith got the numbers, the scores, and the money, because of their scrambling qb's, they always got more than wr's because of the scrambler Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Stubbsy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey Everyone

Long time no see! Just looking in + thought I'd contribute here.

If Detroit wants to take a QB the only ones IMO deserving of being taken in the 1st round are Stafford and Sanchez. If the Lions wait until the 2nd round they could have a chance at Josh Freeman from Kansas State whos more of a developmental project but could have more upside than Stafford or Sanchez. Pat White will be lucky to be taken in the first 3 rounds and just for him to survive in the NFL he would need to bulk up considerably as he's quite lightweight for an NFL QB. If they don't take a QB then the Lions should take an O-Lineman as games are won and lost in the trenches. Having said that they could pick an O-lineman with either of there 1st round picks as the OT class is quite deep this year. The Falcons in last years draft led the way by picking up their Franchise QB and then getting O-lineman to protect him. However Detroit have so many needs that it may be easier to list the positions in which they don't need help. They have a half decent RB in Kevin Smith and WR Calvin Johnson is just immense

I've watched a fair bit of collegee football and there are no guarantees that Tim Tebow for all his success at Florida will be able to transfer his skills to the NFL as past as running/ spread offence QBs have had limited success. However I for one would love to see him be successful. Sam Bradford would have been the number one pick if he'd declared for the draft but he must have know that he'd be going to Detroit so stayed in College for his final year. It not a particularly strong year for drafting a QB this year so it may be better to wait for next year. If I was them i'd draft an OT first, sign Jeff Garcia or Kurt Warner to play QB and draft a MLB such as Maualuga or Laurinaitis (sp) with their second 1st round pick.

The Texans and possibly Jags could be excused for not making the Super Bowl as they are both relatively new teams still. The Raiders won't win anything in Al Davis lifetime and they must be praying for someone to 'off' him so they can move on. The Lions are a franchise rooted in futility since the departure of Bobby Layne in 1959. In the 1940s and 50s the Browns were successful and although they never got to the Super Bowl were half decent in the late 70s and early 80s with players such as Bernie Kosar and Ozzie Newsome.

Stubbsy
Back to top Go down
curly65

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Thus speaks the Great Stubbsy

Amen

No seriously its a fair point about Cleveland and Oakland...

Me and JR both reckon that its O-Line that Detroit need, as they will welcome the return of Kitna if he is fit and they still have Culpepper (a tried and tested backup). Also Drew Stanton is still listed on their roster despite the manegement saying that it would be embarassing to put him on the field.

However, Detroits choices of late havebeen terrible, with many of their first rounders being hopeless at the NCAA to NFL conversion. They need a big O-Line and a new Tight-End this year on offence, and some skillful free-agent signings to lead their struggling defence.

In a few years, a full-back (if they return to East-Coast football), a H-Back (like Chris Cooley of Washington if they go for West-Coast football) or a posession reciever (like Wes Welker of New England) if they would like a mix of the two.

They have the half-back for it, they have the reciever and they have 2 able QB's, they just need to assert themselves in the trenches to win games... They wont be spectacular, but Pittsburgh just proved that you don't need razzle dazzle to win a Championship, just grit, determination and physical presence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021   Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detroit for the Superbowl - in 2021
Page 1 of 1