Plymouth Admirals American Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Plymouth Admirals American Football Club

Devon's ONLY senior American Football Team

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mde203

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-04

Hi Empty
PostSubject: Hi   Hi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself I guess.

I'm Matt, I'm 19, and looking to join the team. I hear you are a few players short and have even had to cancel a game because of it. Unfortunately at the moment I am at uni down in deep, dark Cornwall, and I still have one year to go after this one. However, I'd love to come along sometime when I'm home and check out the team. I don't know if you have any sessions early in January, but then would be a time when I'd love to come and along and maybe just watch a session to get an idea of what the team is like and where I would have to be to be able to join you guys.

I've never played the sport properly before, other than a couple of hours of just mucking about with a few mates, but I'm a huge fan of the sport. A Bengal fan (for some reason!). I'm not even sure what position I'd play, I know I'd have to work pretty hard to be able to play, but I'd love to do it. If you do have a training session in early January then I'd love to come along and see how much work I'd have to do to be able to give it a shot. I'd love to come along, and then maybe join the gym down at uni and put in some work so I can come and train with you guys at Easter.

I know it's all a long way away, but I'm just introducing myself now, letting you know my interest. I'd love to hear more about the club either on here or you can email me at mde203@exeter.ac.uk

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

Matt.
Back to top Go down
tim82

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi   Hi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi Matt

Would be great to see you along at a training session. Unfortunately the first training session of the year doesn't tend to be until superbowl sunday. If you are able to travel up to trainings from uni that would be good to allow you to get a feel for the game and improve your skills. As for your position, it doesn't matter if you are not sure of where you should play depending on your build the coaches will place you where they think you will be best suited.

I would recommend joing the gym now and putting the work in early so you can see the benefits when the season starts as it is never too soon to get working on the weights and fitness.

Hope to see you some point next year

Tim #82 cheers
Back to top Go down
mde203

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-04

Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi   Hi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:48 pm

tim82 wrote:
Hi Matt

Would be great to see you along at a training session. Unfortunately the first training session of the year doesn't tend to be until superbowl sunday. If you are able to travel up to trainings from uni that would be good to allow you to get a feel for the game and improve your skills. As for your position, it doesn't matter if you are not sure of where you should play depending on your build the coaches will place you where they think you will be best suited.

I would recommend joing the gym now and putting the work in early so you can see the benefits when the season starts as it is never too soon to get working on the weights and fitness.

Hope to see you some point next year

Tim #82 cheers

Thanks for that, I don't know if I would be able to come up and train, not all the time anyway, but I'll definitely get along at Easter. I'll get along to the gym too when I can. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi   Hi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Admirals American Football Club :: Admirals Senior Teamtalk :: Click here to chat to or about the Admirals Senior Team-
Jump to: