Plymouth Admirals American Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Plymouth Admirals American Football Club

Devon's ONLY senior American Football Team

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Closer, closer, ever closer...

Go down 
+2
Coach Tanner
Phil Stats
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil Stats

Phil Stats

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Closer, closer, ever closer... Empty
PostSubject: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:47 am

Well done today, to one and all. Great efforts all round.

One complaint. The Offence. With you playing that good, how am I going to get any play time!!! Heh, heh. I got cold, but the Defence got good breathers. I can live with that...

Well done. And the curse of the armband is broken!
Back to top Go down
Coach Tanner

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:35 am

Well Done to everyone today, an all round good performance, pity about those pass interference calls.

Everyone should be proud, and showed great unity within the squad which has been lacking in some previous years, and we should use this as the springboard to turning this season around.

Well Done again.

Hope eveyone got home safely and the aches are beginning to disappear (roll on tuesday)

Dont forget training next week to start at 10am.

Phil, There was no curse, it was more of a poisoned chalice, which we disposed off Laughing (though Wellby did not report he was hurt till the following day, so can someone go check on Tom)

PS Finally did anyone pick up the cones today, I thought the ball bag was light, and it is only now after unpacking that I realise we are missing the cones.

Cheers

Coach Tanner
Back to top Go down
tomyelland

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:09 pm

don't worry guys i managed to get through the game without injury although i feel terrible today ha ha. looking forward to our next game already. I think for the experience we had on defence yesterday that was the best performance since i've been with the admirals so well done everyone. p.s. including offense.
Back to top Go down
Admin Paula
Admin
Admin Paula

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm

i think aimee said she picked them up but i dunno whether she said they were in her boot or not , ive asked her on FB

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.plymouthadmirals.co.uk
newland46

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:43 pm

very much in agreement with the general sentiment of this post. Can see how we are all learning from each game and taking somethin new into the next contest, so we are progressing each outing. obviously we are still far from where we want to be tho in all phases of the game i feel we performed very well at times. the key now to pullin it all together and startin to win matches is goin to be consistancy, and proper efficient execution. the only way we are goin to achieve this is puttin the hard work and effort in during training. the more reps we get, the more things will become second nature, and feel easy(er) to us all. so lets get everyone back early on sunday with the same attitude and work ethic that we went into this past game with, and lets all graft hard so we can suprise the thrashers when they come down.

hope we're all fit and healthy after yesterday

Sam
Back to top Go down
Gareth

Gareth

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Well done guys.
Looking forward to being back in the green and yellow in two weeks. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Phil Stats

Phil Stats

Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:20 pm

We'll be glad to have you there! We ended up with having Tim and Tom playing ironman! That and someone that was great at stopping their receivers. With his hands... Was a harsh call though.
Back to top Go down
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks to all the Admirals for a great game, you played way better than the video footage we had of you from your game against Thrashers, massive improvement!
Hopefully we'll have better weather for the return game down at your place and it'll be another great contest.
How's the coloured fella that bust his shoulder/arm, hope he makes a quick recovery ..... he seemed to be a key part of your defence, #31 and the nose tackle were also a pain in the ass to deal with.
Regards
Karl
Banshees #79
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closer, closer, ever closer...   Closer, closer, ever closer... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closer, closer, ever closer...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Admirals American Football Club :: Admirals Senior Teamtalk :: Click here to chat to or about the Admirals Senior Team-
Jump to: